Notices

View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 07:01 PM

prospectator is on a distinguished road

prospectator is on a distinguished road
FS 3rd Gen 1997 4Runner 4X4 SoCal Not Stock ;) - 18K, 290K miles

Well you made it past the title, welcome. You either really like 3rd gens or wonder why someone would list one for so much. Hahaha

I'm selling my meticulously maintained 1997 3rd gen 4Runner with 290K miles. I know 290K sounds like a lot, but this 4Runner runs great. At 227K it got new heads and all new OEM gaskets, timing belt and water pump. TBH if I told you it had 90K you'd probably believe me when you saw it.

I probably can't list all of the mods done to this thing. Plan to spend a little time at my house talking about it. I'm the second owner and have had it for 13 years and want to build a 4th gen. I wouldn't consider building any other vehicle. For 13 years, this has been a great vehicle. I'll regret the minute it drives away. There's nothing wrong it and I have a history of every oil change and every part replaced with almost every receipt. I also have a spare transmission for it with < 30K miles, but I've never needed it. Also included is a spare transfer case for parts, the actuator has been removed. Everything on this 4Runner still works!!

I'd recommend someone with a truck bring you over. I have a bunch of spare parts, that will be a tight fit in the back of the 4Runner. Roof rack (X2), Full set of door panels, transmission, transfer case, center console, front axle assy, and misc parts.

Here are some of the major mods:
  • Total Chaos Long Travel
  • Fox 2.5 Bypass / 2.5 Fox Coilover
  • Fox 2.0 Bump stops in the rear
  • Fox 2.5 rear shocks on custom shock hoop
  • Full savage skid plates
  • Custom Front Bumper (Bolt on)
  • Custom Rear Bumper (Bolt on)
  • Custom rear links with rebuildable summit machine joints.
  • Custom rear shock hoop (Bolt On)
  • Sliders (Bolt On)
  • Front/Rear limit straps
  • 4.88 gears
  • 315/75-16 BFG's
  • E-Locker
  • Custom Tacoma fiberglass made to fit the 4Runner (I didn't like any of the 4Runner fiberglass at the time)
  • Tundra Brake Upgrade

New paint, new rain gutter seals and new window seals. Prior to paint I had all door dings removed.

Disclaimer:
  • If you don't like talking to random strangers about your 4Runner, or you get uneasy about people taking video of you driving through an intersection, you don't want this one.

Click here to view ALL photos

1997 SR5 V6 4X4, E-Locker, Total Chaos LT with Fox C/O and Fox 2.5 Bypass, LC 7.5 Wrap, LC TrekMaster shocks, 315/75R16 BFG KO2's on Limited wheels, 4:88 gears, Custom front bumper, Patco fabrications rear bumper, Patco fabrications custom rear arms
http://www.prospectator.com

Last edited by prospectator; 07-27-2021 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Pictures added
prospectator is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote