View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 06:53 PM

Doc2012 has a spectacular aura about Doc2012 has a spectacular aura about

Doc2012 has a spectacular aura about Doc2012 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron duke View Post
From the hub I'm gaining 1" of tire in the wheel well per perspective size. 33" to 35", and 35" to 37". It's not rubbing the apron on the 33's, so would'nt that be true of 37's with a 2" body lift?

I suck at trying to type technical shit like this out; so forgive me if it sort of makes sense.

If you put a 1” BL on, and ran 33-35s, you basically moved the body back to ‘factory specs’ for the tire size.

If you slap a 2” BL on for 37s; same thing.

Now; the increased tire diameter needs some where to go on the up travel; which is going to be the fender/apron.

Yeah; you can do a ‘custom’ apron/apron chop; but with that comes custom brackets for all the stuff sitting on the apron.

Yeah. It can be done; but, again, IMHO, it’s not worth it.

Idk where you live; but if you’re in ENC or close, feel free to shoot me a PM and come by. I’ll show ya how bad it rubs; and even pull the front coil over out to show ya where ya’d need to trim/remove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote