Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 06:34 PM

Capt Sensible is on a distinguished road

Capt Sensible is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezertbomber View Post
I have a 2010 Limited and just recently am experiencing the touch screen dying. It had 150K when I bought it, and touch screen always needed to pressed a hair firmer than a typical touch screen, but worked fine. Then a few weeks ago, maybe due to heat I've read, the right side basically doesn't work, and the rest of it works like every 20th press. So see how responsive it is and if it requires more pressure than typical. If you replace with an OEM I hear it's around $2.5-$3K, and aftermarkets are still $800 or so...

Rear hatch rubber contact pad is known to fall off, as mine has, but it works fine so not a big deal.

XREAS on mine showed signs of some oil seeping on the shocks, but not much and still worked fine up until I replaced with Bilstein 6112/5160.

Press Audio then SAT, mine flashes "Antenna" and sometimes the red SOS button on the ceiling lights up, which makes me think my shark fin antenna may have an issue, thought he navigation works just fine.

Rubber splash guards rip off often, so peak in front fender wells to inspect.

If you check the 4WD modes, it has a dial setup by the gear shifter. Put it in Neutral to engage 4Lo. Don't make tight turns on the street when in 4Hi or 4Lo as the transfer case is locked up and will put some stress on the drivetrain and tires. Prob wouldn't break anything, but avoid if you can. Remember it is full time 4WD, but the transfer case is unlocked until you put it in 4Hi or 4Lo.

Check the map version, I think mine is way out of date. Look up the latest version 2010-2013's can take.

When testing it out, roll windows down or open door carefully and roll forward then back and repeat a few times to listen for loud'ish clunks, as it may be a worn driveshaft u-joint.

Can't think of anything else. Good luck!
The one I'm looking at came with the, I'm assuming standard radio. It isn't touch screen. I'd probably look into replacing it with something more modern down the road.

As for the rest, good looking out, I'll add it to my list to check. Thanks.
Capt Sensible is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote