View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 10:49 AM

MacRendar is on a distinguished road

MacRendar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y=mx+b View Post
Trans temp check mode is for the transmissions without dipstick, so wouldn't apply to you then. After draining and slightly overfilling the transmission, it gets the transmission to a specific temperature when you pull and overflow plug and drain off the extra. Essentially you have to do this shift pattern in a specific manner and timing to get it to go into the mode, almost like a video game cheat code lol
I am very surprised that you're still doing this manually. It's incredibly easy and cheap to monitor the exact temperature directly using any Windows/Android/Apple device with WiFi capability and a free app with this super cheap obd reader off Amazon. Works great, and doesn't trigger a zero point calibration on our 4th gens like some scan tools do.

Amazon.com: Veepeak Mini WiFi OBD2 Scanner for iOS and Android, Car OBD II Check Engine Light Diagnostic Code Reader Scan Tool Supports Torque Pro, OBD Fusion, Car Scanner App: Automotive

This is the exact one I have. I had to try a few apps to find one that worked right with the truck and unlocked all the sensors. on Android, the Car Scanner app using the setting Toyota - "OBD-II / EOBD K-Line/KWP + extra sensors".

I keep the dongle in my glove box, and have thrown it on there to have the wife connect and check my trans temp after long drives and hauls up inclines. I've never seen it rise above 175F, even after hauling ass up a mountain at 55 for 10 minutes in 95 degree weather.
MacRendar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote