Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 08:24 PM

Flesh Eater will become famous soon enough

Flesh Eater will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemravan View Post
glad you got it sorted. I understand the pressure of making sure you have a solid rig prior to a long trip, but I think it definitely made you overthink and overstress about a lot of this.

I'm on Icon front and rear setup running right at 3" of lift and these perform significantly better than the Bilstein 5100's I had prior.

I'm assuming you were on the high spring rate spring in the front ? With the amount of pre-load you had pictured there is absolutely no way you were near 5 inches of lift so not sure what was going on there. Granted I have a steel bumper with a winch, but my total lift was just shy of 3 inches with the stock pre-load from ICON. I also have the high caster JBA UCA's and have 0 complaints about the ride quality on and off road.

Also, I can tell you that if you were truly anything over 3" of lift you would have popped both of your CV joint boots 3 miles into your first drive. Ask me how I know (long story short I set the bilstein shock to the absolute highest spring perch but was using OME heavy springs and should only have been on the first perch, netting me a total of damn near 5 inches of lift and some mean Carolina squat)

Good luck and be safe on your trip, sounds like a helluva good time!
I actually didn’t adjust the coilovers at all. My front is sitting right at 22.5” right now. I’m guessing it needs to settle. This thing almost never gets driven. Maybe once a week just to keep it moving. Sometimes once every two to three.

I definitely over thought a lot, but I’m a perfectionist and really like everything 100% WELL in advance to a trip. This felt like an episode of Roadkill or Roadkill Garage with everything giving me a headache.