View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 10:30 PM

keeperofgoal is on a distinguished road

keeperofgoal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulking View Post
My bet is a dead battery and a weak jump box.
yeah my jumper is ancient but it usually works for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravThePro View Post
How old/what quality is the battery?
Is there corrosion on the battery cables?
Is the alternator charge cable tight?
Is the main power wire going to the starter tight?

Generally, clicking happens with a lack of a strong enough current. A bad battery is normally the cause of this, but I have seen bad starters do this as well.
5 month old interstate mtp battery (i sell tons of these at my work and they do go bad now and then)
battery connections are pretty clean
both alternator and starter connections are tight

its just weird this happened so suddenly with no symptoms or intermittent issues. also that when i take the jumper off that it has no power i cant even get it. to click or do anything
keeperofgoal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote