View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 11:52 PM

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRendar View Post
Wow, where do you learn this stuff? Never see anything like this mentioned in the countless threads where people ask for potential concerns after lifts and everyone just goes "nah you're good bro lol". It certainly makes me think harder about what mods I want to do, and in what order, etc, so I must thank you for that...
I've a few threads on axle being offset, which is where I pieced together the axle scrubbing left to right. Its more prominent if you have a wheel offset/spacers that makes the tires flush with the fenders, rather than inset like the stock wheels are. There are adjustable aftermarket panhard bars that can be extended to center the axle, but they don't fix the panhard angle

I heard about the Panhard Correction Kit from somewhere down the grapevine either on here or Facebook. I'm not sure if there are other aftermarket PCKs, but Eimkeith is a 4runner owner with a small business, so I like supporting that

The roll center stuff I didn't know about, but read it from Eimkeith's Site and did some more research on it to learn more

For order of Mods, my suggestion would be to start with tires and go offroading with a group, then upgrade as you see fit. For me, the first time out an ice chunk went through my radiator, so I made a little filler plate for the gap under the stock bumper cover (RCI sells something similar). Then, I realized the stock tie downs in the front weren't really strong enough for recovery, so I purchased some aftermarket recovery points. On the next trip, I was dragging a lot and ripped out the stock skids on some rocks, so I made a skid plate. Skid plate prevented damage from dragging, but didn't really solve my ground clearance or required articulation for the trails I was going on, so then I purchased a suspension setup and larger tires. With the larger tires, I'm probably going to have to remove my fender liners, which exposes the air intake, so I purchased a Snorkel (There are alternatives if snorkel isn't you cup of tea, such as cowl intake or internal snorkel). Now I've dragged my frame across some rocky areas, so I purchased sliders to keep my doors/body safe.

Making upgrades and modifications as you need them is a great way to not spend too much money, and also have your 4runner purposed built for your needs.
y=mx+b is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote