Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: Code P2443
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 07:33 PM

CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of

CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saker View Post
Just thought about it, would that be covered under the emissions warranty ( is that the correct terminology)?
I think the emissions warranty is for 10 years or 150K miles. We're at 265K miles, so we've blown past that. Plus I take pride in being self-sufficient, so F the dealer.

Well we were still having intermittent P2443 codes after replacing the valve. Note that the manual says to check the wiring, I went back to do that. Pulled the plug from this Secondary Air Injection Valve and this time the outer wire on the right side (plug facing you) simply pulled out of the back of plug, similar to what happened on the sensor plug underneath this valve the last time I changed spark plugs. The wires are simply pressed into the back of the plug and it is often not a solid connection. Once a wire pulls out, they are near impossible to get back into the plug. This time I was able to jam the wire back into the plug, but there is no guarantee it will stay there. I cleared the code and so far it has not returned.

Last time I found a replacement plug for the sensor. I had to cut off the old plug and butt splice the new plug into the engine harness. I know that I posted about it here, so I need to find that post and see if it will lead me to a source for this connector plug to the Secondary Air Injection Valve.

At the outset I joked about Gracie and her small hands being ideal for the spark plug replacement job.....and I was not kidding.

Found the thread:

Cam Position Sensor Plug

In my unsuccessful search (so far) for a repair plug, I found this video showing how to repair an existing plug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3HV4Ty9U5g&feature=youtu.be

And here's a Toyota-Tech on how to do it:

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/wire_harness_rm/RM06H0E.pdf

The question I have is where do I get the pins and tools to do this ^^^?

Here's a better video showing pin replacement on a Lexus terminal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n43UIt06HQ4&feature=youtu.be

My issue is the wire end pulling out of the back of the pin, due to poor crimping.

Found a source for a replacement connector, but they are pricey:

Air Switching Valve Assembly

Last edited by CutthroatSlam; 08-05-2021 at 08:13 PM.
CutthroatSlam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote