Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 10:51 AM

KDMcD is on a distinguished road

KDMcD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai View Post
All your metrics are at HIGH setting on suspension, right?

At HI setting, you have next to zero articulation and the ride is pure utter crap. So, yes, you have those metrics but you compromise (badly) in other areas.

Being a unibody, any hit you get from off-roading will result in major $$$ repair bills. Sliders are useless on a unibody.

Your LR3 has a center diff lock and a “variable electronic” rear locker. Correct me if i am wrong, but i heard that this rear locker is controlled by Terrain Response…so, you don’t have full control over it and it can unlock on its own if the computer deems it. And it is very slow to engage at times. And since it is mainly clutch pack type locker, there are issues with it wearing out and failing with age…some people just leave it open because the repair bill for the axle is horrendous.
My last pass at this. Yes, on high. The ride, however, is not crap. It is certainly more firm than normal height, but still better than my 4Runner on the same terrain. Not cap at all, even on washboard.

Yes, it is an electronic locker. I have not experienced any delay on any trail I have done. So far, it has performed great. Frankly, better than I would have expected and the other goodies make it even better.

You have referenced the LR3 a few times. I am not sure if that is the vehicle you intended to reference or not, but I am referencing the Discovery 5. I have no direct knowledge of the LR3. Never owned one.

My experience with the 2020 4Runner ORP and 2017 Discovery 5 comes from owning both at the same time and driving each one when I choose to. It’s direct experience in real time, off road and on, highway and city. And, to be clear, I do expect my 4Runner to be more reliable over a longer timeframe. It’s just a simpler, less convenient and less capable vehicle at the moment.
KDMcD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote