Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-13-2021, 06:55 AM

GeoFlory is on a distinguished road

GeoFlory is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty87ls View Post
If I was you I would consider just replacing them since your gonna get new wheels. Might be worth the cost to do it now and not end up paying twice to have the wheel taken apart again.
Well, I asked Sam's, and they said they did not sell TPMS sensors, but would install them for free if I provided them. I bought five Denso PN 550-0103 TPMS sensors from Amazon @ $33.13 ea. I bought four Cooper 265/65R17 AT3 4S tires from Sam's; Sam's is installing the tires and sensors Monday (2021-08-16) on my '09 SR5.

Meanwhile, my '07 Sport Edition proved the value of the TPMS sensors. I got a tire-pressure-warning light a couple weeks ago; one of my months-old tires was low. I aired it up and a week later the light was on again; this happened twice more with several days interval. The TPMS was warning me each time. I said to myself that this is getting serious, but I had never had a flat on brand-new tires before. Knowing that tire-repair places cannot find leaks in tires, I took the tire off to find the leak myself; it was easy; there was a drywall screw sticking thru the thickest part of the tread. I took it to the tire-repair place, and they told me to leave the vehicle and they would get to it in turn. I went to the auto-parts store and bought a repair kit, went home, and in five minutes, repaired it myself.

The bottom line is that I have had several flats on the expressway (very unpleasant), destroying the tire, and in one case, destroying the wheel. Tire-pressure sensors are great; I would never be without them again.
GeoFlory is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote