Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 10:13 AM

Gecko is a jewel in the rough Gecko is a jewel in the rough Gecko is a jewel in the rough

Gecko is a jewel in the rough Gecko is a jewel in the rough Gecko is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin1md View Post
All great points and I couldn’t agree more about the KO2.

When I had my 2016 GX460, I put on E load KO2 285’s. Amazing puncture resistance for driving the crappy roads that I did but they were pretty loud tires.
Furthermore, they were HORRIBLE in the rain for wet traction.
After that, I said no more to KO2’s, and I learned my lesson for not paying attention to the load rating when I ordered these.

I’m pleasantly surprised by the stock Nitto’s on my TRD pro. They are fairly quiet but they do SO much better in the rain than the KO2’s ever did. And yes I realize they’re P rated tires.

Consequently, I may look hard at the Second Gen Terra grappler G2’s next time around.

Gecko: What did you end putting on your GX460? The Geolanders ?

I hear good things about the TGs, so I hope they work out for you if you go that route.

I'm leaving the GX stock for now, and mine has the Luxury package which comes with the larger 19" wheels (not ideal for off-road driving but... read on). The tire is a Dunlop GrandTrek AT23 and I have no qualms with on-road driving so far. I attended ToMoCo's "HQ Confidential" event in Plano in June and as part of it we threw GXs around an off-road course that included ruts and logs, an uphill rock crawl, tons of mud, water crossing, etc. and the GXs in use were Sport Designs which have the same 19" tires and wheels as mine. After that thorough trashing, I was downright shocked with the Dunlops and figure they will be plenty for anything I could use them for.

Not really too keen on modifying the GX. It's a great package for me as-is.
Attached Images
Quietest AT Tires?-screen-shot-2021-08-16-10-18-17-am-jpg  Quietest AT Tires?-screen-shot-2021-08-16-10-18-07-am-jpg 

2021 Lexus GX 460 Luxury , Atomic Silver/Black @LandCruiserDNA
Previous: 1999, 2016 and 2019 4Runners

Last edited by Gecko; 08-16-2021 at 10:20 AM.
Gecko is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote