View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 09:46 PM

spartacus has much to be proud of spartacus has much to be proud of spartacus has much to be proud of spartacus has much to be proud of spartacus has much to be proud of spartacus has much to be proud of spartacus has much to be proud of spartacus has much to be proud of spartacus has much to be proud of

spartacus has much to be proud of spartacus has much to be proud of spartacus has much to be proud of spartacus has much to be proud of spartacus has much to be proud of spartacus has much to be proud of spartacus has much to be proud of spartacus has much to be proud of spartacus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SURF RUNNER View Post
I have read a ton of posts regarding suspension in the last few days on this forum. I have not seen this specific question answered… if I missed it I apologize in advance.

One of my rear shocks broke. I have about $1,200 in repairs in progress on my 2001 4WD Limited 4Runner, so I am not upgrading the suspension at this point. My 4Runner has the Daystar spacer kit, a 1” body lift, and 285/75/16 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3 tires.

All I want to do right now is to buy the 2001 OEM rear shocks from Toyota and get those installed with 99 tall rear springs. I have a little bit of suspension sag in the rear and the 1” taller 99 rear springs will help with that. In addition, I will be installing a Shrockworks rear bumper with jerry can mount in the near future so that is another reason for the taller 99 rear springs. The Shrockworks bumper is taking up too much space in my apartment, so that will be my next project.

My question is should I buy the 2001 OEM rear shocks from Toyota to pair with the 99 talls or do I need to buy the 99 OEM rear shocks from Toyota instead?

Again, this is just to get my 4Runner back on the road with a little more height in the back. In the future I want to install a complete King suspension kit all around, so I don’t need aftermarket alternatives at this time.

Thanks!
If you are going to install a shock works bumper with Jerry can holder the 99 talls'would be insufficent. Ome 906 or 890's would be a better option with bil 5100.
spartacus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote