Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 08:31 PM

DirtDrift is on a distinguished road

DirtDrift is on a distinguished road
Few Pics - 2002 SE - Thundercloud - Black SR5 Wheels - Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain +

I wanted to post up a few pictures for posterity to help any others in their searches for information and pics when they want ideas for their own Runners. I looked for a long, long time trying to find black painted 5th gen SR5 wheels that weren't just a plasti-dip adventure, and only found a few, but those weren't enough to give me the mental picture I needed to make a decision on painting mine. I also wanted some new tires and had settled on Pirelli's Scorpion All Terrain Plus, and those pictures were pretty rare as well. So, here goes.

Picked up a set of 2020 SR5 wheels locally for $150 and started sanding to get a good scuffed surface for the paint to adhere to. The paint didn't turn out perfect by any means but it looked good enough to roll with. I used Rust-Oleum self etching primer, and VHT black gloss and topped off with VHT gloss clearcoat. 2 coats of primer, 3 of paint, and 3 of clearcoat.
Attached Images
Few Pics - 2002 SE - Thundercloud - Black SR5 Wheels - Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain +-img_2417-jpg  Few Pics - 2002 SE - Thundercloud - Black SR5 Wheels - Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain +-img_2821-jpg  Few Pics - 2002 SE - Thundercloud - Black SR5 Wheels - Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain +-img_2822-jpg  Few Pics - 2002 SE - Thundercloud - Black SR5 Wheels - Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain +-img_2823-jpg 
DirtDrift is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote