View Single Post
Old 08-22-2021, 07:52 PM

chrisbagnell will become famous soon enough

chrisbagnell will become famous soon enough
Small Projects 1
The past couple of weeks have been spent trying to figure out my rear bumper rust, and thankfully its all finished now. I am so happy with how it came out. Also worked on some other little things.
Rear Bumper Reinforcement ReplacementReturn to Directory
Found the part off a front end damaged 4Runner in Texas and snagged it for about $180. Was a little rusty but not nearly as bad as mine, so I wire brushed it and POR-15'd the outside and most of the inside. When welding we had to reinforce the drivers side since it was badly rusted. Used some heavy duty old military plates so now I can say my 4Runner has Military grade steel in it XD. I will come back to it next year to see if an spots are collecting water from factory welds and make some holes if needed.

Also got some new parts from McGeorge... I got to say I hate OEM prices but I'm always so happy to see rust free brand new parts come in the mail.

Also Drilled and Tapped most of the existing bolt locations with M8... I think this is my favorite bolt size. Used on skid plates as well. Now I am just waiting on new tow hitch bolts and then i can put the rear bumper back on.. been off for a month now.

Footwell LightingReturn to Directory
This was pretty easy with Top4Runners.com Tutorial. I had a problem initially that took a few days to figure out, my splice was not puncturing the 12v power so I had no power to any of the lights. Very happy with the result it makes my car seem luxury and now I can finally see at night if I accidently drop something

Bad Spark PlugsReturn to Directory
Thought this was going to be an easy spark plug change but I could not for the life of me get the plugs loose. Took it to a shop so they could deal with it if anything broke... these bad boys were crusty.

Unrelated to my truck but I also managed to mount a HNT antenna on my roof... Hopefully this will pay for my car parts soon enough

Still waiting on that Demello Offroad Bumper..
chrisbagnell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote