Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 11:52 AM

3.5Runner is on a distinguished road

3.5Runner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomF4E View Post
So after checking the fuses and stuff, the problem stopped for a while and now it has come back so I'm going to order the stop lamp switch and see if I can just install it on my own. Hopefully this is the trick! Thanks again for all of the great advice. This forum has helped me learn a great deal about my vehicle and I think I enjoy it even more now as a result.

In related news, I'm going to try and find a replacement cap for the shift lock override button. It doesn't lock in place anymore.
Did the stop lamp switch end up doing the trick? Sounds like I'm in the exact same scenario you were in (brake lights are working perfectly, no blown fuses and there doesn't seem to be any mechanical issues within the shifter assembly after taking the whole thing apart) and now I'm considering buying a new switch in the off-chance that's what's causing my transmission to be stuck in park. If that wasn't your issue after all, mind sharing what it ended up being?

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
3.5Runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote