View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 02:11 AM

zguy1 has a spectacular aura about zguy1 has a spectacular aura about

zguy1 has a spectacular aura about zguy1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpinUltra View Post
In my opinion, forget the platform. Take out your back seat bases, fold the seat backs down, air mattress on top of the flat load floor. I am 6' and I have enough room to sit up with out my head hitting the headliner. An air mattress just fits like this and I have just enough room to spread out while laying down.

If this system works out for you, take out the rear seat backs and build a mini platform there for storage underneath. Then plan out storage on the sides over the wheel humps.

At the bare minimum, figure out a way to mock up your imagined sleep setup and see if you like being that close to the headliner before you invest more time into the project. For me, being able to sit up in bed is not a luxury I am willing to give up for storage space.
Thanks for the the ideas. I probably should have clarified a bit more. I already remove the seat bottoms when needed. When I am camping by myself I remove the passenger section. When I am camping with my girlfriend I remove the drivers side section too. The Helinox cot fits perfectly as it is now. The issue is that two of them will not fit side by side hence the reason to raise the floor up a few inches to clear the wheel wells. These are the ideal setup for us as they are more comfortable than an air mattress. I spent almost two months on one last year.
zguy1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote