View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 10:35 PM

jasindude1 is on a distinguished road

jasindude1 is on a distinguished road
94 4runner opinions on 5w30 syn or 5w40syn?

I have a 94 4runner 241K on the clock, runs good has a very mild idle stutter, but otherwise runs well. Oil was changed by PO using 10w30 conventional. We have 9 vehicles in our family, so i buy 5w30 full syn costco and 5w-40 T6 for my diesels i buy both oils in bulk. The 4runner is the oldest vehicle i own. Anyways anyone use either of these weights? any issues? good, bad, opinions? I know the manual says 10w-30 but i just want to continue buying in bulk. I live in NM, mild winters and over 100F summers. This 4runner is just my around town and to work truck that i use to do nothing more than to put miles on. I know 5w30 and 10w30 are the same viscosity at operating temp, but at start up the 5w is thinner and flows better, is that a good thing? also hasn't oil come a long way since 94? did they even have synthetic lol. Any info would be appreciated.
jasindude1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote