Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 07:04 PM

Skulking is a jewel in the rough Skulking is a jewel in the rough Skulking is a jewel in the rough

Skulking is a jewel in the rough Skulking is a jewel in the rough Skulking is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by FD7683 View Post
I replaced mine with Energy Suspension bushings today and while I was torquing my bolts, the lower bolt which goes to the bracket gave out a significant *pop* and the bolt kept spinning after that - it was tight enough so I just left it. Is this a common problem for rustbelt trucks?

The rack is much tighter now but i'm curious if it's normal to have a very small amount of play. I'm talking about 0.75 inches of play when rocking it left and right.

* Not my picture but the bolt reference is there*
A pop followed by the bolt spinning sounds like a broken bolt to me. If it were me, I'd remove the nut and bolt and pull the bracket off to check for what broke. I'd also be hoping for a broken bolt rather than pulled threads because it will be a lot easier to fix.
Skulking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote