Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 07:24 PM

dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light

dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light
Disable KDSS with toggle switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo_mo View Post
Maybe try something other than Tapatalk... I don't know.

Anyways, if you read through the chain of what I was replying to, the question came up as to how does anyone know if the system is designed to handle 'high speed'.

If you go and click the link or do your own research, you will find out that your current understanding of the valves (to the accumulators...accumulators do not get electrical power here) is overly simplified. The valves are open under some conditions above 12 mph (not all conditions). You can also feel this occasionally, like if you take an on-ramp corner slow or fast, the steering/yaw/g-sensor input will modify the system to open/close the valves and change the body roll angle automatically (without an override switch).

you can scroll through this page to see further discussion on the topic:
KDSS Long term reliability?

I can see the switch being useful under some scenarios such as high-speed washboards possibly, but otherwise it's not for me.

Also, back to the speed discussion, suspension cycling doesn't generally care about vehicle speed, it only cares about the "size" of the bump.

I’ll keep it even more simple. Take the fuse out for the kdss. It will stay stiff as hell all the way through. Feels the same as anything over 12mph. It stays stiff and the “accumulators” stay closed and you can’t even compress that kdss shocks even under 12mph or 4 lo. Trust me I actually put a hydraulic jack under the hanging kdss shock ( no sway bar connector ) and was able to lift the whole vehicle up. That’s with the vehicle running. Turn if off and it will compress the kdss shock and vehicle lowers.

Pull the plug either outside at the kdss pump. Or pull it from inside where the kdss brain is at which interrupts the power to the valves , The accumulators stay open and the piston in the shocks can now move.

You should try it. It’s not only about high speed washboard per say. I mean 13mph is not fast at all and you can def feel how much less the cab rocks. You definitely have a better understanding of all the diagrams and what’s what. But it’s like an electrical engineer never actually stepping into a building to see the insides and what not. Can you explain to me how when I tested pulling the fuse out , that it stayed stiff all the way no matter what speed and I can’t compress the shocks I’m the kdss but as soon as I turn off the truck you can.

Also about suspension /Shocks. Especially high end shocks. Yes they depend on speed. Yes on size of bump too. But speed approaching those bumps can determine how the oil flows through the piston / shims / bleed holes. So what I’m saying is shocks are velocity sensitive. And then throw a bypass shock in there and now you can be position sensitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by dom42; 09-04-2021 at 12:23 AM.
dom42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote