Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 11:30 PM

Bruski is on a distinguished road

Bruski is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro367 View Post
That is a high lift jack, and no not that. Useless unless you have jack points on the vehicle. Your 4R came with a bottle jack that you use while on the road, so no need to carry a floor jack unless you really feel like it. Saves you the time waiting for AAA, that's for sure. I do recommend getting a floor jack and jack stands for home use. You'll use them more than you think. If you are going to spend money on anything to keep in the 4R I'd recommend getting an electric impact gun and an 80lb torque stick. Even with your factory bottle jack you can have a tire changed out in 2.5 minutes.

Call a shop and ask what they'd charge. Make sure they use the provided loctite and torque properly. I doubt it would cost much.
Ok thank you. But does the stock bottle jack lift my car high enough since it’s lifted now? I assumed it was for stock height 4runner (obviously never had to use it).

2001 Silver SR5 Sport | R.I.P. 244k miles
Bruski is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote