View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 08:19 PM

Toystory2 will become famous soon enough

Toystory2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuSeeker View Post
You can heat it until it's glowing red IF there's not anything else that's going to be an issue when getting it that hot, usually the hotter you can get it the better to help loosen the rust, just an FYI the area you want to heat is the area with the hole, not the bolt itself, what you're trying to do is expand the hole to loosen it's grip on the bolt.

If heat doesn't help then I would go with removing the head of the bolt however you can, drill it, grind it, cutting torch, etc., a "nut splitter" will only work on a nut, it won't do anything on removing a bolt head but deform it.

Okay, I appreciate the advice.

I was trying to heat the bolt itself and not so much the hole. I’ll try that again tomorrow. But should I even bother since I am struggling to get a tool on the bolt head?

I couldn’t tell if there was a nut on there or not, it’s so mangled lol.

Any preference when it comes to drilling, grinding, or cutting torch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Toystory2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote