View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 02:12 PM

DerekRI is on a distinguished road

DerekRI is on a distinguished road
2001 4WD ABS, are the front and rear separate systems?

Hey everyone! I am in the middle of an extremely hectic move, and the big day of hauling is tomorrow! Well, my 4Runner decides to bust a line in the rear and spew fluid all over the place the day before. This is EXTREMELY unfortunate as we still have too much to do, and not enough time as it is. I do have a uHaul truck for the bulk of it, but I can't leave my truck here, and I was planning on it being loaded full of stuff as well.

I read in a thread about bleeding brakes here that the front and rear systems are essentially separate in the 2001-2002 models. Would I reliably have my front brakes still for a single trip, or will all the fluid front and rear eventually leak out entirely through the rear line? I'm not trying to do anything entirely reckless, but if I have front brakes reliably, it is a short trip to my new location, all quiet back roads, and I can avoid major hills. Oh, and my ebrake does work relatively well.

I dunno, I'm really desperate. Is this a stupid thing to consider?

Thanks