Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 12:34 PM

MikesDuneRunnerSLS is on a distinguished road

MikesDuneRunnerSLS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
I've been doing oil changes for over 50 years. Yes, the metal housing is OE Toyota. Yes, I replaced BOTH o-rings having lubed them first. Yes, when I did my 1st oil change using the metal housing I swapped the internal perforated tube and have since swapped it back to the plastic housing. Yes, I torqued the metal housing to 18 ft-lbs.

I had no issues during the 1st oil change (about 1 year) with the metal housing as well as 3 months on the 2nd oil change. Yes, I'm baffled.
We know you did it right 👍I hope you don't think there was any implication of you being a hack. The problem is likely as simple as a production flaw. Defective parts are made every day.
Hyperco-650#/6112-BCV | B12 SS+1.5 Coils/8100-SB/R, Energy | DuroBumps<-Waste of $$$, NitroGear UCAs, 2Gen Rear SBLs, MCP Frame Gussets, CSF#7085, SprintBooster v3@R1, MBRP 304SS-CBE, MCP Drone Dampers, SAIS Exorcism, Odyssey AGM, ARB Skids, Rival Fuel Skid, Spidertrax, Falken AT3W
2016 GX LuxSpt KDSS
KDMax, Northstar AGM, SuperBumps | Timbrens, Hankook AT2/Xtreme
MikesDuneRunnerSLS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote