Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 04:18 AM

Carmaker1 is just really nice Carmaker1 is just really nice Carmaker1 is just really nice Carmaker1 is just really nice Carmaker1 is just really nice

Carmaker1 is just really nice Carmaker1 is just really nice Carmaker1 is just really nice Carmaker1 is just really nice Carmaker1 is just really nice
I have updated my post for clarity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscot View Post
Why would they release a redesign Tacoma before the 4R when it's only 6 years old as compared to the 4R at 12? That makes no sense.
They cannot risk delaying the next Tacoma, in the face of new competition. Ford in particular and GM to a lesser degree.

#NextGenRanger: Tested to the Extreme - YouTube

The 2016 plan was always to redesign 4Runner first, then Tacoma. Very recently, 4Runner and Prado both got delayed again. They were previously delayed in 2019, after the Tundra and Land Cruiser fell behind.

While Tacoma held its own this time and is still on stream for Fall 2023 launch. Prado is 1 year late in Fall 2023, while 4Runner is even further behind and shows in terms of Job 1, Q1 2024.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwatch View Post
I think they sell twice as many tacos as 4runners and they are moving the taco manufacturing to Mexico now. Perhaps it makes sense to train the workers to assemble the tacos then have them transition to the new gen taco then bring on the 6th gen 4runner after the skill of the plant is up to speed?

The extras added to the '22 4runner makes more sense now. Everyone was asking why Toyota would add these features in the last MY.

If this is true I am definitely buying a '22 4runner made in Japan.
Yes, yes, and yes. They need to get acclimated to building the new Tacoma and implementing TNGA in the Guanajuato plant, before adding a replacement product in the 4Runner, which was built to very high standards in Tahara.

I imagine 4Runner customers are much more quality sensitive than a chunk of Tacoma buyers, even if they are nearly the same customer base under the pricier TRD label. 4Runner is solidly more upmarket, based on starting MSRP for a base model nearly reaching $40k.

Sucks, as it means they'll drag their feet and maybe not reveal it for another 2 years. Also bad, if no styling revisions are being made, then the design Toyota approved in early 2020, stays on through to production in early 2024 and hopefully is timeless enough to withstand an 18 month delay.

Current model turned 12 about 2 weeks ago and officially will be 12 on November 23 (launch date). Very keen observation on the 2022 changes BTW.
Attached Images
Best speculation of a 2023 6th generation I have seen-2023-ford-ranger-raptor-prototype-left-hand-drive-february-2021-001-jpg  Best speculation of a 2023 6th generation I have seen-2023-ford-ranger-raptor-prototype-left-hand-drive-february-2021-008-jpg  Best speculation of a 2023 6th generation I have seen-2023-chevrolet-colorado-prototype-spy-shots-exterior-may-2021-003-jpg  Best speculation of a 2023 6th generation I have seen-2023-chevrolet-colorado-prototype-spy-shots-exterior-may-2021-007-jpg  Best speculation of a 2023 6th generation I have seen-canyonat4x-g02-kgp_-jpg  Best speculation of a 2023 6th generation I have seen-canyonat4x-g05-kgp_-jpg  Best speculation of a 2023 6th generation I have seen-canyonat4x-g07-kgp_-jpg  Best speculation of a 2023 6th generation I have seen-canyonat4x-g10-kgp_-jpg 

Last edited by Carmaker1; 09-10-2021 at 04:34 AM.
Carmaker1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote