Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 10:12 AM

aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute

aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute
I hate it when I see threads die off over time, so I’m going to try and not do the same with mine !

The TacoRunner has been doing awesome, had a few trips out to URE for some wheeling, last time out really kicked my ass. More trail damage in one trip then I managed all the other times combined lol. Nothing serious, but damage nonetheless.

Found out that my genius idea of storing recovery gear in the pull out drawer system has a bit of a flaw… when you’re stuck facing 45degrees up and need to open the lift gate and then slide open the drawer it is less than ideal… so I am now evaluating my options lol. For overlanding it is probably more than OK since I don’t plan on being in a situation where I’d be stuck that way.. but for off-road trips it will probably be best to take out the bags of necessary gear and just leave on the floorboard in the rear for easier access..

Got wedged on the rear bumper going up the ledge in Daniel, bounced the rock slider on the outer most point and bent it up to where my rear door would hit it, scuffed up both fenders (luckily no cracks lol) and my front bumper, took chunks out of my wheels, etc, but overall nothing that some spray paint didn’t take care of

I also somehow popped a fuse during my bouncing that killed the gear shift indicator.. which meant I was stuck in 4 lo since it didn’t know when I was in neutral to disengage… took a while to get sorted out… one more reason I can’t wait to go FJ transfer case later on after this season..

I also ditched my personal roof rack design I was working on (started a new job and don’t have time to keep tinkering with design changes) so I picked up a local Marlin roof rack side rails and used my cross bars and fairing, much sturdier than mine, I love it.

This week I ordered the cam tab gusset kit as well as the body mount relocation that I’m hoping to tackle in the next month or two. Also on the to do list are the inner tie rods.. they are shot and have some wiggle in them which results in some wheel wobble when I go to brake (I’m guessing that’s what it’s from )..

Also delivering today is a cargo net I’ll be working with to make some “attic storage” in the rear. Couldn’t get myself to spend 300-600 bucks on a kit so I’m going the diy route again lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk