View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 02:50 PM

gimlithepirate is a jewel in the rough gimlithepirate is a jewel in the rough gimlithepirate is a jewel in the rough

gimlithepirate is a jewel in the rough gimlithepirate is a jewel in the rough gimlithepirate is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Dobalina View Post
My wife’s 2007 4Runner needs brakes and I happened to find a 4 wheel complete brake kit, 4 rotors and ceramic brake pad kit from A1 Auto for 184 bucks.

This is like 300 dollars cheaper than anything I could find from any of the car part stores near me.

We put way less than 10,000 miles a year on her car.

Tight on funds at the moment.

Would this do the job for a few years??

Link:

2007 Toyota 4Runner with 12.6 in. (320mm) Diameter Rotors Front & Rear Ceramic Brake Pad & Rotor Kit
Generally on here, most people prefer Centric rotors. If your calipers are original though, I'd go ahead and do the 5th gen caliper upgrade. Personal recommendation, I'd go with coated centric or power stop rotors, Napa calipers, and your preferred brake pad (my preference is Akebonos).

That said, if you are trying to keep costs down, I'd definitely go with 1AAuto. I wish I knew more about what they do in terms of part sourcing, but most of the parts I've gotten from them have been like old school Napa: not OEM, but a very solid performance/$ option. I will note that they don't tend to carry things that the aftermarket options are universally thought to be terrible, like steering pumps or racks. I also have nothing but good things to say about their customer service, which is more than I can say for Pepboys and Advance Auto.

2007 v8 4Runner Limited Build thread: https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-g...ing-build.html
gimlithepirate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote