View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 09:28 AM

RodrickHeffley has a spectacular aura about RodrickHeffley has a spectacular aura about

RodrickHeffley has a spectacular aura about RodrickHeffley has a spectacular aura about
my 1998 Limited Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron duke View Post
Good start, sounds like you are pretty dedicated to cleaning up your truck. You should do the LBJ's as 3bears said and please go oem, I went with moog and am regretting it. I have spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers and then US wheel adapters 1.5" ones as well if you're interested. One thing to think about with them is that it will kill your wheel bearings so I would get some wider rims instead.

For tinting headlights, you will NEED led's before going on the road at night. I have 6k lumen bulbs which I think work well and don't piss of oncoming drivers, but I also use my fog lights on my bumper.

For painting bumpers and fenders, I did that on my first 4runner. It's either you like it or you don't kind of thing. I liked it then, but I also had massive amounts of rust I was trying to hide as well.

When you'll be looking for lift and tire options (trust me you will) I run bilstein 5100's on OME coils and it works for me. I'd go with 2.5"/3" F/R because you can still get away with stock UCA's. If you want a rear lift cheap I'll be ready to sell my rear "long travel" 5100's and OME springs to you for cheap. 285/75r16 is a good max for auto/stock gears. Wildpeaks are solid and relatively cheap for A/T. Kanati Mud Hogs are really cheap decent M/T tires...along with Milestar Patagonia M/T.

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely keep that in mind for sure, right now i'm trying to save up enough to get what i need instead of a bunch of small things so i'll be in touch if/when i need that rear lift

for the headlights, did you swap out the bulbs or take apart the whole headlight? I've seen people do both but not 100% sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Build Thread
----------------
RodrickHeffley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote