View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 02:55 PM

Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold

Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fareastplaza View Post
Thanks for everyone's reply. My 4runner is 11 years old and 167k km on it already. Also in here, winter salt road also brings lots of rust on the bottom. I am now rethinking: Should I pay a premium price for X-REAS or simply switch to a normal strut system.

I guess the basic 4runner SR5 modules come without KDSS nor X-REAS (correct me if I am wrong). They are just normal suspension/struts. Who drove them still feels good enough on the highway and the inner city?
this is tough to answer because people have different driving styles and types of road traveled as well as different preferences

personally I think when XREAS is working it is great. the truck does feel great cornering, body roll is greatly reduced and it feels really good. off-road capabilities are not compromised. you will likely notice a difference in driving with standard suspension. more body roll and probably more nose dive when braking. maybe you're fine with this, maybe you're not. do you drive more spirited or are you a cruiser?

many opt for a bilstein set up when scrapping XREAS, some say it has a similar feel. I think if you do off-roading and don't want XREAS look at bilstein 5100

I have a limited with XREAS. I replaced all 4 corners earlier this year due to a misting absorber in the rear at 155k miles (I figured the rest were going to be on their way out eventually). I considered bilstein but they were all out everywhere and I didn't want to wait. go test drive an sr5 and see if you can feel the difference between a new sr5 and new limited with XREAS. if you replace XREAS you will basically have a brand new suspension