Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 06:11 PM
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runnerfiend View Post
Replaced upstream O2 with Denso, thanks for the link Amazon was pretty cheap.
Replaced fuel pump with the Deatschwerks DW100 from Underdog Racing. Says that it is a slight higher flow than stock so figured it was a good option.
I do clean my MAF often as this rig sees dirt. Think the last time i cleaned was with in 6 months.

No Real change still has the ping noise in all RPM bands. however I can tell it is getting more Fuel. have not floored it, but it pulls better low end and takes more to get it to ping. maybe a placebo effect.

there are basically two noises going on. I can definitely identify the high gear low RPM ping. very evident sounds like Marbles rolling around in my exhaust.. or like really bad valve tap.

The high rpm ping/noise has more air to it almost like an exhaust leak sound. does ping sound different at the different RPM's or could this be another sound?

This is likely coming off and going up for sale.
Ping sounds the same but it could be hard to discern when at high RPM due to all the extra noise. The high RPM ping is quite rare as the knock sensors normally will retard the timing and take care of it (the ECU doesn't read the knock sensor signals below 3000 RPM which is why the low RPM ping is much more common).

I'm afraid you might be right about selling the supercharger, I know that's not what you wanted to hear. Maybe you can sell the whole deal, supercharger, injectors, pump, etc. together as a package and get most of your money back. That's real bummer though as you spent a lot of time trying to get this right.

I think it may have something to do with the rebuild and the aftermarket heads. Too many variables that could have gone wrong.

AEM F/IC 6, 11 PSI, 3" Intake and 3" Exhaust
Jerod's Supercharged T[u]RD Build
gamefreakgc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote