Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 05:28 AM

qs933 will become famous soon enough

qs933 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmaker1 View Post
As you can see, Toyota is unveiling the Tundra 3 1/2 to 4 months before it goes on sale in January. If 4Runner is revealed in late 2023, it can hit showrooms in spring 2024. Or, they could easily pull a Highlander and reveal it early at Chicago 2023 or New York 2023 as a prototype (final design), then on sale in 2024.
I'm hoping we'll start to see spy photos at some point in '22 or '23...that's when we'll know we're close(r) to the release.

I currently have a '21 Venza hybrid. Was reluctant to go from the tried-and-true V6 in the 4Runner, but I'm looking forward to the hybrid system in the next 4Runner. I'm probably not the typical 4Runner shopper, though (or at least typical for this forum).

Given where you've mentioned the GX is headed, and with the Highlander, Grand Highlander, and Sequoia covering the broader 3-row market, I could see Toyota sticking with a more Bronco or Wrangler-like positioning for the 4Runner.

Thinking back to the 5th gen, it initially seemed to be an attempt to re-position to be a more utilitarian offering -- I remember the bare-bones 4-cylinder model, and even the Limited had a mast antenna and non-locking fuel door that caused some stir when the first spy photos were captured.

I'm curious as to what the Grand Highlander will be -- I shudder to think it's another half-baked gap-filler like the RX-L. Maybe it'll be the Toyota parallel to the Lexus TX?
'12 Limited 4x2 - Blizzard Pearl - JBL/Nav; Auto Running Boards; Echomaster Rear Sensors; All-Weather Mats; CravenSpeed Stubby - SOLD
'09 Venza AWD - Magnetic Grey - SOLD

Last edited by qs933; 09-15-2021 at 06:14 AM.
qs933 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote