Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 09:26 AM

Romeo1 is just really nice Romeo1 is just really nice Romeo1 is just really nice Romeo1 is just really nice

Romeo1 is just really nice Romeo1 is just really nice Romeo1 is just really nice Romeo1 is just really nice
Extended/High articulation CV Axle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl4Rk View Post
@Romeo1 any updates after even more miles with those NAPA 1258 cvs?
I'm flinging grease and looking at these.
@cl4Rk

Im probably about 4-5 K miles so far on them. 75% of those miles off road. The shape of the boots are interesting in that they are molded to definitely rub on each other a lot less.

I’m at 2” of suspension lift using bilsteins, and 265/75s and and I’d say at this point they’re a buy. Napa has warranty on them also. The seem a bit heavier than the stock units also.

I can’t think of a reason to not go with them unless your in the long travel area, or you just want rcv’s or another high end one. There’s definitely nothing lacking in the construction of the Napa units. Wished they sent a better nut with it though.

I may send my Oe ones to get rebuilt. I have a feeling it’ll be a waste of time though.

Be advised though that you’ll have to reuse your axle retainer I remember right. The one they sent didn’t work, sorry I can’t remember why, but I do remember that I just reused the OE nut if I recall.

That part number fits a lot of applications also.

Super easy repair. A good pry bar will assist in removing the inner shaft from the diff by overcoming the retaining ring.

As a guy who’s basically done an almost all Toyota parts resto and already spent way more in Toyota parts than I paid for this rig, I’d buy the Napa 1258 shafts again 100%.
99’ Black “Highlander” sport, oak, 5VZ auto, 4.30 axle, e-lock, 265/75 Grabber X3,, Bilstein 6112 (2”) front 5160 rear shocks, OME 2906 springs, Durobumps, 4x Inovations front middle rear skid plates, 4XI square TRD tube sliders, lil skips tank skid, lotus dev RCA skids, overland custom sway bar links, Amp’d hidden winch, warn Vr Evo 10s

Last edited by Romeo1; 09-16-2021 at 09:29 AM.
Romeo1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote