Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 05:06 PM

repo is a glorious beacon of light repo is a glorious beacon of light repo is a glorious beacon of light repo is a glorious beacon of light repo is a glorious beacon of light

repo is a glorious beacon of light repo is a glorious beacon of light repo is a glorious beacon of light repo is a glorious beacon of light repo is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bears View Post
kicked it....yelled bad words at it....
was headed out to meet a friend to moose hunt. ( he went hours earlier) ...then out of no place it quit running...in the middle of bum frick no place...wilderness....no cell reception...and cb's dont work for much distance up here...gravel road...well at this point in the world there is no pavement.....
did not have my torque pro app on....so was not watching anything .
cranked and cranked.....nothing...looked at everything logical,....wiggled wires etc...sat and said.....fu*k
few minutes later started right up.....tough decision...keep going or turn back....
kept going...hey hunt...duhhh.........met my friend... we looked it over...could not find anything strange and at that point it was running fine...start up...shut down...start up repeat...all good....we did not get a moose..(.I got one 3 weeks ago so freezer full anyway)
drove home...about 140 miles ( near the yukon/artic circle, where gas is 7.35 a gallon...what)...no issues.. this time I watched my torque pro big time....nothing unusual.... got home then an hour later had to run to town to get grandson 20 minutes and 2 start ups...no issues. checked everything...even my blinker fluid
no codes...no rough running.....aliens ?
tomorrow I will check all the ground connections I can get my hands on
up here...when the snow hits next month....i dont want this game

btw...last month...full tune up ( plugs wires pcv) throttle body removed and it and icv as well as maf cleaned and new gaskets,,,all fluids changed ( engine, trans , diffs, p/s and cooling flushed )...air, tranny and fuel filter changed too. so rule them out...that was about 1000 miles ago.
Ignition cylinder maybe? Do you have a lot of crap hanging on your keychain? Never heard of problems with Toyota but I think GM and some others had problems with that. Go over a bump and the force from the weight of the keys cut the ignition.