View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 03:13 PM

Deej101 is on a distinguished road

Deej101 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devbot View Post
That's exactly how mine is on my 2000 Sport (at least I'm fairly certain but it's been a while since I've looked) so it must've been an 01-02 change if anything, though it doesn't ring a bell. Wouldn't surprise me regardless as there were lots of little changes made then which included other things being integrated
With all that said, it should still work. I don't see why it wouldn't
So here are pics of both boxes, the 2001 is #6212 (left) while the 1996 is #6208 (right) just showing the MAF area which is the only difference.

I'm assuming the one in my 2001 is original, but will have to look it up to verify. But as you can see, they differ enough that they are not directly interchangeable--but there's a big caveat: the 96 box I got from the junkyard didn't have the MAF attached, so it's likely that if I had gotten that part as well, then it would work. The piece the MAF attached to is integrated on the 2001 model, but separate and detachable on the 96.
Attached Images
Air intake box brackets broken (2001 SR5)-pxl_20210916_202848245_1_1-jpg 
Deej101 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote