View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 08:47 PM

DenverAirport will become famous soon enough

DenverAirport will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devbot View Post
Very sorry to hear but I would get to looking with your friends and NOT rely on police to do a damn thing, you're only wasting your time hoping for them to call you. If I'm not mistaken OR is doing the same as WA and CA as part of their police reform and they are ordered to no longer directly pursue or relatively investigate cases of stolen property, including cars. Instead of actually trying to search and recover cars, they now just keep an eye out and hope to receive tips or spot it on CCTV. So of course car thefts and break-ins are skyrocketing now, especially around Portland. Just a couple months ago my buddy's F250 Dentside was stolen from his Seattle apartment with 2 ARs in the backseat; cops only had to offer shrugs and told him unless they happen to come across it during a traffic stop or otherwise stumble upon it, there's very little they're permitted to do. Wish I was making this up but I'm not - sorry, that's just the price of being "ahead of the curve." Isn't it great?
I assume you already have but I would start searching now, but don't expect to spot it right away. If they're smart it's in a garage or under a tarp right now, but it won't stay that way forever and common sense isn't that common anymore so it may not be to begin with. Put out a notice on all the social media you can - across as many local and semi-local facebook groups and the like, reaching out to WA/ID/CA groups while you're at it. Making listings like you're selling it is a good one too, just to put word out there it's stolen. Like you said there's also a good chance it's probably not in the immediate area anymore. Nextdoor, craigslist and the like too. If you had any expensive gear or good mods you could identify easily, browse the hell out of OfferUp over the next couple weeks - it's practically the go-to for selling stolen shit. With any luck it was some meth addict who posts everything for sale within 2 days for 500% less than it should sell.
Just some ideas to help get started
Yeah definitely aware of the situation with police here in Portland (and similarly in many cities where there have been mass exodus of police officers from police departments) -- not much the officers left can do about this type of stuff there just isn't time. I immediately went the first day to check some spots (there's a list that another user posted a link to that I actually have already been using of camps around Portland. I've got a lot of folks on the look out regularly and people have been amazing with reposting across Facebook, NextDoor, and Instagram. The main fear I have is that after watching the video, I have a feeling this guy knew what he was doing. This was not a guy I've seen around my neighborhood or in camps, he was well dressed, and he had a clever way of getting into the building. He had a bike and I think picked my truck for multiple reasons, one of which being the ability to put his bike in it...

I didn't think about OfferUp. I have some bait posts on Craigslist already but I should start scanning there as well.

Thanks so much for the help, everyone with this. It's not just a huge sentimental loss but this is also my DD / my only car and I'm looking at a huge financial loss.

97' Limited - 250k - Stolen & Found (and Sold) - 4WD, 3" Billstein 5100 lift with OME 881, 890 springs, Diff drop, Camburg UCA's, 231mm TBU, Tom Wood's driveshaft, eimkeith PCK, Champion radiator, Ultraguage
DenverAirport is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote