Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 01:09 PM

Teamoatmealpie has a spectacular aura about Teamoatmealpie has a spectacular aura about

Teamoatmealpie has a spectacular aura about Teamoatmealpie has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by 214RUNNER View Post
i saw a post from a some one that went to the dealer & said it was bad wheel bearings causing the vibration at 55 to 60 mph. , he also said the dealer knows about this problem but doesn’t say any thing about it.
Any one try looking at there suspension before balance, tire change or rotation?

Has any one checked the front bearings i would never thought to check this on a new truck but i will now.
He's driving a new rig - it's extremely unlikely the bearings or suspension is the issue.

KO's are notorious for being problematic. Discount Tire is notorious for poorly balancing KO's.

I've owned over a dozen sets of KO's and KO2's - the KO2's where much more problematic then the previous version. The set I bought last year sucked balls took 5 trips to DT and replacing 2 tires- they hire kids whose job is to jam thru as many customers as fast as they can.

Have them road force balance them and make sure they give you the lbs# value of how out of round they are - there's a ton of threads on here about how this works. Discount doesn't care so much and will put the worst tires on the back. Your out the door and then after the next rotation they'll be on the front and your problem will be back with a vengeance.
Teamoatmealpie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote