View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 11:28 AM

emcdemc is on a distinguished road

emcdemc is on a distinguished road
Turning steering wheel changes radio mode.

Hi Guys,

I thought I posted this yesterday but don't see it.

I have a 2007 4Runner Sport. I upgraded the HU a few years ago to a Pioneer AVH-W4500. It has worked fine but recently my steering wheel buttons started acting up and now when I turn the steering wheel it changes the input mode EVERY TIME.

As you can imagine, this is driving me mad. I've factory reset the HU. I've pulled it out to look for any damaged wiring. I cannot find anything.

I have not yet tried removing the steering wheel buttons to look for damage but I suppose that's next.

Does anyone have insight on where else to look? The steering wheel is hard connected so can it be a "turn electrical signal" crossed to the mode wire?

Or maybe turning the wheel is straining the wire?

I have no idea and these guesses are surely bad.

Thanks,
Dan
emcdemc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote