Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 01:50 PM

Eryan36 is on a distinguished road

Eryan36 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorotHex View Post
I don’t think he was asking for a 1st grade lesson of supply and demand.

I think he’s wondering why there is such demand.

My question would be: why does “everybody want them”? They didn’t sell well at all where I lived so I have trouble understanding this used car demand hysteria.
It's not just FJs, it's a lot of older cars that aren't available anymore. Clean Honda Elements are going for a premium. E36 BMW M3s, which are straight hot garbage, are going up. Old 911s, old VW busses, basically anything that has a cool factor to it or isn't available anymore is going up in value. I'd argue not just from the current rise in used car prices, but from a general sense of collectability. New cars suck and are too expensive. Some of these older cars suck less (E36 BMWs excluded), and there's only so many that aren't rusty or wrecked to go around.
Eryan36 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote