Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 02:37 PM

Iron duke has a spectacular aura about Iron duke has a spectacular aura about

Iron duke has a spectacular aura about Iron duke has a spectacular aura about
After multiple deals on 33-35" tires on 18's falling through and not being high on money, I sold the Misfits on Trail Grapplers. They were super cool and I think it would've been even better with 35's to make the 18's more proportional, but new tires for 18" rims are very expensive. This is why I ended up selling those and going for some 5th gen Tacoma steelies on 255/85r16 Maxxis M-762 Bighorn tires. I'm going to go from fat to skinny and I think I like the pizza cutters in just about every aspect. They're significantly cheaper, road noise is less, fuel economy is better, and still retains decent power with stock gearing. There's a special place in my heart for 315's on SCS F5 wheels though, but that's for when I have a salary. For just over 800 for the complete setup (759 for tires at Walmart and 60 for wheels) it's a very affordable way to get true 33's on anything else than the horrid double three spoke wheels. I have about 1/2" of UCA clearance at normal ride height, 1/4" when turning, and an unhealthy amount of rub when at full droop without wheel spacers. I really don't want to run them if I don't have to, so looking into stock UCA trimming until I get some JBA UCA's. I'm curious about it's handling off-road in different settings too, that will come later.

Some other things on my to-do list:

Swap my 891's for 861's
Replace upper and lower rear control arm bushings (from energy suspension)

Hopefully I can get away on a trail or weekend trip soon, school has kind of taken me over for a bit. Hopefully within the next month I can do some an OBX trip and navigate the Georgia Traverse trail.

Last edited by Iron duke; 10-08-2021 at 12:56 PM.
Iron duke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote