Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 11:39 AM

LakeSplake is on a distinguished road

LakeSplake is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by meonard View Post
2011 I had the exact same issue- I even didn’t install the SAS cable the first time. Did all the steps mentioned here, starting with the $20 ebay spiral cable. This part does not come with the steering angle sensor and that must be reused from the old one. It has a label on it that says do not remove. I finally ordered an OE Toyota part that came with the SAS. Installed it and the steering wheel light turned off- then I was able to reset the two other lights with a Snap On scanner. I assume any scanner would work. Anyway the $20 clock spring did control the radio but there is definitely an issue with the SAS. Order an OE unit and move on. This was a fiasco.
Need to replace the spiral cable on my 2014 Trail.

What about buying the $20 ebay spiral cable, with an OEM Spiral Cable Sensor? Would this work?

I'd rather not spend 500+ on the Toyota spiral cable.
LakeSplake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote