View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 11:43 AM

dcraddo03 is on a distinguished road

dcraddo03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeepoo3 View Post
I love my mother earth very much. But your plan sounds redundant. Headers and cats?? It's not worth even putting on headers if you're running the cats. To answer your question the cats on mine were welded. If you want the same configuration weld flanges to the headers and get the cats with flanges. Simply bolt together. Your truck won't smell bad without cats after a proper air fuel ratio tune which you will have to get done afterwards. You won't need a dummy downstream sensor if you're replacing the cats correctly. My cats just started going bad. I have downstream dummy's for now so my truck runs properly. I'm going to straight pipe the cat sections get a ton of precious metal cash and use it on a free air fuel tune. Maybe have extra free $ to throw at some headers. After tuned right your talking substantial horsepower and torque gains. Probably better gas mileage. For free. I'm more worried about our planet being destroyed for profit than a catalytic converter.
I'm sure I'd be rolling in free horsepower and torque gains but I can't afford to run without cats. My 4Runner is my primary vehicle and I need it to be able to pass emissions tests. I'd like to run headers because my manifolds are cracked to high hell and are annoying me so they need to be replaced, and DT headers are a better option for replacement than stock manifolds which will crack again.
'06 Sport V8 RWD | OME 885's on Bilstein 5100's | JBA UCA's | Doug Thorley Long Tubes w/ Magnaflow Catback | Satoshi Grille Mod | Oracle Halo Kit | TRD Pro FJ Wheels | Sony XAV-AX100 w/ Rockford Fosgate 10" Punch Subwoofer | BF Goodrich KO2's (275/70/17) | 15% Tint | 282xxx miles
dcraddo03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote