Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 04:45 PM

Cascade4runner is on a distinguished road

Cascade4runner is on a distinguished road
A Cautionary Tale w/ Weathertech

Hey everyone, figured I should pass this down. My wife and I bought a new 2021 T4R, our first ever new vehicle. We have about 3,300 miles on her and it was time for an interior detail. Took out the very nice weathertech floor mats to clean them up, installed them back properly (or so it seemed) using the proper two floor clips. All looked well. Went to turn on the vehicle and unbeknownst to me, the mat had caught the accelerator and pinned it all the way down. Hit the push start and the motor went straight to max throttle. I was able to shut her off after about 4-5 seconds of maximum throttle, to say it scared the living daylights out of me is an understatement. I’m praying it didn’t cause any damage to the motor, considering it was a cold motor. I pulled it into the garage about an hour earlier to clean it, but other then that it was cold. Garage temp 50-60 degrees. Motor sounds fine, nothing abnormal. But it’s hard not to be paranoid after an event like that.

This was my own fault and by NO means a Weathertech issue. I didn’t fully check up there in the corner to make sure all was well. I figured it would be pertinent information to pass along for all you to learn from my stupid mistake. We have owned Weathertechs in all of our vehicles for about 10 years. They are phenomenal. This post is a cautionary tale to always check your floor mats after reinstallation.
Cascade4runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote