Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 07:09 PM

certifiedbamf is on a distinguished road

certifiedbamf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y=mx+b View Post
I'm personally a fan of rake. Then when I load it up, it will level out and not squat. I really like how yours looks with some rake to it. If you want to bump up the front, moving the bilsteins up one notch will probably get you to where you want without having to buy anything else

This is mine empty (probably 2-3" larger in hub to fender for the back)

This is loaded to the roof + hitch hauler, and its probably only barely squatting (slightly smaller tires, but same dealio). If starting out leveled, then it would have squatted
Yeah I can understand that for sure. I don't load it up frequently enough to justify keeping that much rake but honestly yours looks amazing. I notice the rake but it is significantly higher overall and just looks good. I checked out your build thread as well and you've put quite a bit of work into yours. Might have to refer back to some of the things you put in there later on. Those photos with the suspension flex are insanely cool. Well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tironeous View Post
Thanks! I’d say 1/4” or maybe even 3/8” spacer on the driver side will do you right. Measure twice order once kind of situation.

No wheel spacers. The wheels are SCS Gen5 17x8.5 with -10 offset. Tires are 285/70/17 Falken Wildpeaks. There’s a nice amount of poke.

I also have Total Chaos UCAs. For the alignment I believe I ended up with 3.6 caster. I pushed the fender liner pretty far forward and did not need to trim the bumper. I removed the mudflaps and had to trim some inner plastic pieces by where the mudflap was. I definitely need a body lift chop because it rubs at lock, over bumps, and sometimes in reverse. Totally fine for daily driving but would be annoying on trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I removed to the mudflaps as well but didn't even think to trim the inner plastic. I moved the front well plastic up and trimmed the bumper so that should be covered for when I get this squared away even though it sounds like I didn't need to trim anything. Oh well you can't even tell unless you get right up to it.

I have the exact same wheel specs as yours minus the offset. Mine is +00 so that might be why mine don't poke as much as yours.

Alright I bought the springs from my local 4 Wheel Parts and just decided to have them install it as well later this month. I don't have the time to set aside for the job plus I'm not sure I'm savvy enough with this particular vehicle (spring compressors in particular plus for the past 6 or so years I've only done my own work on an E46 M3 which is a bit different).

They're all about off roading so I trust I'll end up with a proper alignment. I will update when everything is done.

Thank you all for the help and tips!
certifiedbamf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote