Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 12:19 PM

IsacFignewton is on a distinguished road

IsacFignewton is on a distinguished road
So first things first I'll start off with the first modification I did when I got the 4runner. The 2wd to 4wd conversion. I was very lucky to find a 4runner of the same year and color to swap everything over, and my parents also had a totaled 4runner sitting in their backyard they were pulling parts off of and didnt need anything that I would be using .
This swap was pretty straight forward requiring a little bit of wiring, swaping of parts (duh), and a couple welds. I used phattyducks's awesome write-up "Phattyduck's '99 4WD swap" as a reference for my swap. I dont know if he ran into this issue when he swapped, but on mine I had to swap the abs controller in the passenger side kickpanel.

PART 1

First order of bussiness... Pull out this oily mess of an engine.

Too make it easy just disconnect everything that is attached to the chassis and pull engine with the entire harness still attached.

Pulled engine w/ trans. It wasn't too bad w/ the 2wd transmission.

Next up is disassembly, inspection, and cleanup.

Found a nice little jumper the po installed

Time to reassemble

Engine bay coated and ready for axles and front diff.

Front diff. installed with solenoids for 4wd activation! Sooo easy without engine

4wd Knuckle's, SPC upper arms, 13WL's, SS brake lines, axles installed.

END PART 1
Previous vehicles: 1999 Honda Civic, 1993 Honda del sol, 1993 Nissan 240sx, 1999 Subaru Impreza (sti swapped), 2000 Audi s4, 2002 Jetta GLI, 2001 Jetta gls 1.8t, 2000 F350 TD, 1993 Mazda Rx7 (gt35 single), 2000 BMW 330ci, 2002 BMW M3, 1996 t4r, 1995 t4r, 1996 FJ80 triple locked, 2014 Jetta TDI
Current Vehicles: 2014 Golf TDI (stage 2), 1990 t4r (3.4 swap in progress), 1999 t4r (2wd to 4wd conv w/ j-shift case, 5.29 gears, lockers F/R, FN 16x8 w/ 35' KO3's, Tundra 13WL)
Fignewton's Build

Last edited by IsacFignewton; 10-17-2021 at 02:24 PM.
IsacFignewton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote