Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 07:31 AM

Too Stroked is a jewel in the rough Too Stroked is a jewel in the rough Too Stroked is a jewel in the rough

Too Stroked is a jewel in the rough Too Stroked is a jewel in the rough Too Stroked is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by To_fire View Post
Hi and great work on your 4r! You may also consider removing all 3 of your skid plates and spraying what they hide above them. Also, there's a small cover panel about 1/2 way on the left frame rail (below where the driver's door and rear door meet). It covers a small proportioning block and those flare nuts rust out quick. It's 2 10mm bolts. I had my guys also spray my driveline bolts and exhaust bolts. If you can get help from your son, remove bolts and coat them with anti-seize/oil. Same for the oxygen sensors. Makes them easier to remove when time comes to replace things. Also spray the spare tire mechanism, chain and bracket. Make sure the 2 breathers at the rear axle are clear and/or re-locate them. You can also replace the non-torque sensitive zinc bolts with stainless flange bolts. Krown and Rust Check are basically the same formulas. They started out as 1 company, but the owners had a disagreement and split into 2 companies.
Thank you for the great suggestions. Truth be told, I had the front skid plate removed when they did the Waxoyl treatment and they did it on the ground. The spare tire mechanism was also done with Fluid Film when I removed the spare for the Waxoyl treatment. I will pull that small cover plate on the driver side frame and FF those fittings though.

I also forgot to mention that I apply a thin layer of Never Seize to the center bore of each wheel prior to winter to prevent the wheels from seizing to the hubs.
Too Stroked is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote