Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 11:14 PM

Danmack is on a distinguished road

Danmack is on a distinguished road
3rd gen 1999 rear transfer case actuator

I had to clean my rear transfer case actuator on my 1999 limited. It is now working….. I need to know the correct the position / timing of the actuator gear. I have looked around this site for a while and there is conflicting information on where to place the gear. In relation to the notch in the housing….Should the transfer case be in neutral or in 2WD when I install the actuator motor? I placed in back onto the 4runner and when I click the 4WD button it pulled the transfer case out of gear and I can utilize any gears no forward reverse etc. obviously the gear timing is off just looking for a little help.
Danmack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote