Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 03:46 PM

rakrak2 is on a distinguished road

rakrak2 is on a distinguished road
GBF,

Found another reference, not sure where I copied this from but...

"Excessive toe means that since each tire is pointed in a direction other than straight ahead, when the vehicle encounters a puddle that causes only one tire to lose some of its grip, the other tire's toe setting will push (excessive toe-in) or pull (excessive toe-out) the vehicle to the side. This may make the vehicle feel unsettled and very nervous."

The fact that you have tow in on one side in the rear and tow out on the other is concerning. Seems like a lot of thrust angle to me.

In my prior Miata, as a small and light vehicle, I used to shoot for slightly more toe in the rear than in the front to cause the car to 'weathervane' a little a highway speeds and provide for very stable steering at highway speeds.

It could be that researching the term Tramlining and the contributing factors could help?

rakrak2
rakrak2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote