Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 07:51 PM

4runnerfiend has a spectacular aura about 4runnerfiend has a spectacular aura about

4runnerfiend has a spectacular aura about 4runnerfiend has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by denvermaxd View Post
TIL - All about load range!

I guess this is something I should have known/thought about before, but running my 235/85r16 E load range Cooper Discoverers at 42 PSI is probably a BIG part of my "rough ride".

Searching the forum returned some gems like this:

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3421903-post6.html

I've driven some pretty gnarly rocky off-roads with these tires, and they've been entirely puncture/damage free for 40,000 miles+, and that has made me happy. But the trade off might be feeling like I'm driving a covered wagon at street pressure.

Before I swap any suspension parts, I'm going to try to find a C load range 32" AT tire and see if that improves my on-road experience without sacrificing much off-road.
I've been running C rated tires for years now. BFG ko2 and now I have Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I put the BFG's thru hell IE low pressure and wheeling off road. and Long road trip. had a few big gouges in the sidewall and never had one fail. They are good tires!
Nittos are serving me well so far. I'm even debating going to SL after this to save on the tire weight.

I run at 32 psi ish and have always had even wear.
IG: @4runnerfiend- 1999 SR5: TRD Supercharger, ELocker, Wheelers T1 Coils-tundra 5100's, Built Right UCA's, LC 8 wraps-Fox 2.0 with CD adjuster, Rokmen lower links, Savage skids, Hot Metal Fab Front Tube bumper, Savage Rear tube bumper, TruckShopSD Sliders, DuroBumps, RidgeGrapplers, Doug Thorley Headers, yellow top, XRC 12k, ARB single compressor.
4runnerfiend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote