Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 02:48 PM

Nate_Drives_Cars will become famous soon enough

Nate_Drives_Cars will become famous soon enough
Update 10/23

I am still waiting for these parts to arrive. I am expecting them all in the next week or so.

SCS Gen 5 17" -38 Offset in Black
Total Chaos 3.5" Race Long Travel Kit w/ King suspension
ADV Fiberglass Fenders
C4 low pro front bumper w/ clearance cuts
Victory 4x4 strike rear bumper

The build is about to take off here mid November. The parts and pieces are all arriving about the same time. I will be producing a YouTube video for the ADV fiberglass fenders. I am looking forward to partnering up with ADV for that video... it will be fun to shoot and dispel some potential rumors about their product.

Over the last week I have added in an ARB manifold into the onboard air system and the ARB bluetooth pressure switch. The manifold serves a few purposes, it allows air to cool before entering the abs air lines to prevent melting or overheating. It also will serve as an air storage device for ARB air lockers when it comes time to do the install of air lockers. I have very limited space in my engine bay, so I opted to place the manifold on the exterior of the drive side fender well. In order to mount and protect the manifold I 3D printed a custom bracket as well as a shield to keep rocks and most road grime away from the solenoids for the pressure valve.

(Pics of that are attached)

I finished up hammering out the pinch welds and cutting the fender mounts down to clear the 35" trail grapplers this week. I also cut the body mounts for the total chaos BMC plates. I welded the new plates in and ground it down to look smooth and clean. Shot it with some rustoleum protective black paint and I am very happy with the results.

I will add pictures in a day or two when I make it back to the shop.

I am strongly considering changing out the TRD Pro seats for something that will accommodate my comfort, as well as provide support for baja style driving. I have been researching suspension race seats. I will update later once I have made some decisions. My current plan is to do the Goosegear sleeping package to remove the rear seats, install the 2nd battery & Redarc solar setup under the goosegear platform. I am still working out the PPS (Puppy Protection System) but I am looking forward to putting together the interior.

I have a potential tuning solution. The HP Tuners route came up empty, however, UniChip has successfully tuned 2020+ 4runner models with their piggy back tuner. I am working with Tony at UniChip, he has reached out to procharger to discuss Tuning specifics for the Procharger kit and is confident he can provide a solution. I am holding out on committing to this route until it is absolutely necessary in order to get the build on the road. I would MUCH prefer to flash the factory ECU and not have to meddle with the wiring harness and rely on a piggyback tuner to trick the ECU.

TRDlun4r build is coming together... Hoping to have it on the road in December.
Attached Images
Pro-Charged 2021 TRD Pro Overland Build-img-1656-jpg  Pro-Charged 2021 TRD Pro Overland Build-img-1657-jpg  Pro-Charged 2021 TRD Pro Overland Build-img-1658-jpg  Pro-Charged 2021 TRD Pro Overland Build-img-1645-jpg  Pro-Charged 2021 TRD Pro Overland Build-img-1644-jpg 
www.youtube.com/natedrives_

Last edited by Nate_Drives_Cars; 10-23-2021 at 02:50 PM. Reason: typo
Nate_Drives_Cars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote