Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-30-2021, 07:13 AM

Too Stroked is a jewel in the rough Too Stroked is a jewel in the rough Too Stroked is a jewel in the rough

Too Stroked is a jewel in the rough Too Stroked is a jewel in the rough Too Stroked is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblah View Post
Some people get so angry, and assume something made overseas is a knockoff.

So I am wondering what is this "blatant chinese reverse engineered knock off" of because I don't see it in the lasfit product, and if we were to compare it to DD:

Housing is not the same.
construction is not the same
brackets not the same
overall dimensions are not the same
electrical connections are not the same.
light output is not the same
light pattern is not the same
TIR tech is not something new nor is it proprietary.
People who make these assumptions, don't own either DD or lasfit products.

Or some people just feel the need to link to a baseless rant that started in TW, and import it here to t4R because they assume these lights are made overseas, they must be chinese made knock offs.

Anyways, lasfit has a very good track record with their LED products, Alot of people found out about their products through word of mouth alone, including myself. I rather purchase products that I have used in the past that fall within my budget than listen to some baseless rant on TW

Remember ya'll...light bars before lockers..lol.

Now for some free entertainment:

$90 vs $2000 Off-Road Lights - YouTube
Good points. Let me address them.

First of all, I don't ever assume that anything made overseas is a knock off. But I spent 36 years in manufacturing for a large US based company and I spend enough time in China to be dangerous. Generally speaking, Chinese contract manufacturers have no issue with copying technology or products. They have no respect for patents or intellectual property and the court system there backs them up. They even stole our technology and knocked off the products they made for us. Even after all that, I don't simply assume. The sad truth is that this stuff happens more often than anybody thinks. BTW, if you read that TW post, you'll see details on how the Lasfit product is a knock off.

As for owning Diode Dynamics and Lasfit products, I actually do thank you. The 4 9soon to be 8) DD pods on my T4R have been stellar performers. The Lasfit 7440 LED bulbs in the same vehicle, not so much.

We all have the right to express our opinions - at least for now. I respect yours and I hope you respect mine.
Too Stroked is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote