Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-30-2021, 11:49 PM

harper7 has a spectacular aura about harper7 has a spectacular aura about

harper7 has a spectacular aura about harper7 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearJunkie88 View Post
Last week I test drove a SR5 Premium that had the $600 “premium package” installed. This package includes the Panoramic View Monitor which has downward facing cameras in each side mirror and a front-facing camera in the grill. This gives the ability to see forward, sides, and a birds-eye view. I bought a different color SR5 that didn’t have the PVM installed but the sales guy said it could be installed anytime though the parts department. I called the parts department today and the guy said he didn’t see a part number for the PVM. I assume there are a few parts needed for this add-on. Does anyone happen to know what parts are needed? I guess mirror cameras, front camera, and some module that plugs everything into the stereo. Anyone have access to part numbers?
It's factory option PO for 22( Called the Premium Plus package ,not Premium) that includes the MTM(360) camera system. I have a new 22 ORP that has it and was hard to find one with that option . Matter of fact, I flew to San Antonio to buy it at Universal Toyota!

I haven't found any 2022 parts diagrams out yet and local dealer parts dept didn't even have access yet, to be able to see/compare wiring harnesses.
I doubt you could add it as the factory wiring harnesses are most likely different for the extra cameras and switch. Toyota doesn't include unused wiring/connectors on their wiring harnesses, at least on the five 4runners I've owned.

You should be able to see if you have the front camera wiring harness and connector as it's right above the radar rectangle in the front lower grill.

Sales guy is probably referring to the oem dash cam /harness which is a port
installed option and can be added later .(OEM Camera part#PK6A3-33HT1 with a PK6A4-33HW1 wiring harness)google it!
2000 Black 4Runner Highlander Edition
2001 Tacoma TRD 5sp

Last edited by harper7; 10-30-2021 at 11:56 PM.
harper7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote